Background Check: Answering the Question WHY?
“Hail, fellow, well met, All dirty and wet: Find out, if you can, Who's master, who's man”
This line from the My Lady’s Lamentation and Complaint against the Dean suggest how Jonathan Swift knew that investigation works. But while it really works, one may ask why such investigation is needed. This goes the same way with background check. Why background check is needed? Does it even pass against better judgment? The reasons why background check should be more justified these days is how it become so handy and easy to conduct with the help or use of internet.
To enumerate, here are generally the possible reasons why:
1. Because you need to take only the best. For employers, background check is just a normal part of evaluation process for its entire applicant. After all, the success of the company greatly depends on the kind of manpower or workforce that had been taken in during the recruitment or hiring process. Through background check, the mediocre applicant is separated from the best.
2. Because it will help booze your business. Before entering into any deal or contract, conducting a background check on people you already talked with and the kind of business they offer. You can check bankruptcy filings and tax liens o f the company in question.
3. Because you care. Specifically, for your children. When you are just about to hire a nanny or a babysitter, conducting a background check before entrusting your child them is the safest and the right thing to do. Background check is you only tool to protect your children from possible threat of crime especially child-related offenses.
4. Because you are searching. For long lost relatives, friends, batch mates or school mates and even former lovers. Conducting a background check is the easier way to locate people. It’s like hitting two birds with one stone. While conducting a background check, it doesn’t only serve the purpose of locating them but looking though at their history and pass lives.
5. Because you don’t want any reservations and be paranoid. With the advent of online dating, meeting someone in clubs or single bar or from blind dating, background check should also and now a part of the love story blossomed from this kind of how a relationship started. Perhaps the top search can be marriage or divorce records but criminal records are equally important. Background search is also a form of protection especially to anyone who will meet someone for the first time in person that they have met through online chatting or any social networking sites.
As stated, these are just the general reasons why background search is sought. Background check is just a normal activity nowadays as it is already accessible online and as public information. Background check should be use as a form of protection and not to aggravate the privacy of others. Conduct background check responsively and maturely.