Technology in the Classroom
- Technology Integration - The Edutopica website (from the George Lucas Foundation) explores best practices in technology integration.
- Teaching with Technology- All sorts of ideas for using technology in the classroom, from the EdTechTeacher website.
- Edudemic - "What is the best way to improve education using social media?" That’s the big question that Edudemic hopes to answer.
- Abraham Lincoln Gettysburg Address Powerpoint - A good example of how "Powerpoint does not measure up to the great speeches of history".
- Alive in the Swamp - A report co-authored by noted education reformer Michael Fullan, about assessing digital innovations in education.
Alberta Teacher Resources
- The 2Learn Education Society Teacher resource site, Educational partnership of with UofA, ATA, Alberta Education.
- ETCATA (Educational Technology Council of the Alberta Teachers' Association) Formerly known as ATACC.
- The Galileo Educational Network, This resource is designed to assist teachers, teacher educators and pre-service teachers to address the question: How can university faculty and pre-service teachers have consistent access to the most current thinking of practitioners who are leading the way in ICT integration
Concept Mapping/Graphic Organizers)
- Inspiration® is a powerful visual learning tool that taps into students' creativity and learning strengths. Students develop essential learning strategies as they create graphic organizers to visually represent concepts and relationships. The results are clearer thinking, more creative projects, better organized writing and improved performance across the curriculum.
- CMAP TOOLS - Empowers users to construct, navigate, share and criticize knowledge models represented as Concept Maps.
- Working with iMovie - First steps to builing your iMovie presenation
- Director in the Classroom : how filmmaking inspires learning. (2001) Theodosakis, Nikos
Wonderful resources for iMovie in the classroom. Worksheets, blackline masters, and other organizational tools also available.
- Joyce Valenza's 2clicks Links- Joyce Valenza is a teacher librarian renowned for her knowledge of how to use educational technology in the classroom. This page gives you a pretty comprehensive list of links to tools that can be used for digital storytelling, digital publishing, notetaking, brainstorming and much more.
- New Tools - Joyce Valenza also has this massive libguide with tabs for every imaginable kind of new tool that can be used in the classroom.
- Free Technology Tools for Teachers - Links to an amazing number of free technology tools for teachers, organized in a Live Binder (itself a pretty cool free tool)
- Google for Educator and Google Apps - Google's pages of advice and examples of successful deployments for educational institutions.
- Multimedia - Links to information and websites about creating multimedia projects in the classroom.
- Bibliography of Websites About Wikis - These site willl help you learn about and what to do with wikis.
- SupportBlogging - Set up to provide an opportunity for students, teachers, administrators, parents, and others to help promote an understanding of the benefits of educational blogging.
- Big Huge Labs - Helping you do cool stuff with your digital photos.
- Hot Potatoes - includes six applications, enabling you to create interactive multiple-choice, short-answer, jumbled-sentence, crossword, matching/ordering and gap-fill exercises for the World Wide Web. Now freeware, the Hot Potatoes home page is located at the University of Victoria.
- Go animate - a website that enables the simple creation of unique computer animated stories.
- Youth Privacy - A privacy quiz and advice for youth about how new technologies can have a significant impact on their personal privacy, from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
- Your Digital Footprint - An interactive exploration of how much of a digital footprint your leave each day.